Private Events - Getting Started
Enjoy a beautiful evening or afternoon aboard a real paddle wheel steamboat on the Delaware River. Your 2-hour cruise
Your trip engineer will be delighted to share how the steam engines work and a bit of the history of “America’s First Great Invention” – just ask. “SPLASH the smiling steamboat” will take you on a 2-hour voyage of fun and learning featuring environmental science and history. See where Washington crossed the river to New Hope, the last shad fishery on the non-tidal part of the Delaware, and see where rafts ferried settlers, horses and wagons and where canal boats crossed attached to a cable. Wildlife flourishes here. Today the scenic Delaware River is a recreational haven for many, and provides drinking water for 17 million people. Learn more about the importance of the Delaware River Watershed and environmental education here.
Every SPLASH trip includes a healthy dose of learning, touring, and a good time. The overall goals are to strengthen academic skills and increase breadth of knowledge.
Let’s get started… here’s how to schedule your trip:
1. Contact the SPLASH trip scheduler with date (and raindate) and time you would like to sail. The SPLASH sailing season runs from May to October. The SPLASH scheduler is Anne Tenaglia (609)542-0311, firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The steamboat rents for $770 for a 2 hour sail.
3. Learning and Entertainment options here.
4. Catering info here.
5. Registration: complete the registration form and liability release form.
Forms are available here.
6. $200 deposit is required 1 month prior to your trip date. Deposit is refunded if we have to cancel due to bad weather.
7. Weather/River Conditions: The captain makes the decision on sailing conditions for the trip, for passenger safety and comfort. The captain will notify you of any concerns with respect to weather or river conditions.
8. Arrival: Click here for “Rules of the Boat” for younger passengers. Plan to arrive 30 minutes before your sailing time, to allow time for restrooms and lifejackets (required for children 12 and under)
9. Restroom: use the public restrooms near the SPLASH dock. We will be on the river for 1.5-2 hours. There is only an emergency camping type toilet onboard.
10. How to get there: Click here for maps, directions and parking information
Private Event Endorsements
We recently had our daughter's wedding reception onboard the steamboat SPLASH. It was a beautiful evening on the river, the fireworks were great, and the SPLASH crew was professional and friendly. It was a magical evening for the new couple and for all of us. Thank you SPLASH crew!
-Steve and Mary Beth M., Princeton, NJ
Thanks again to the SPLASH Crew. This is a definite RERUN!!!
- Michael S., New Hope, PA
Really enjoyed last night and so did my clients. It was a beautiful evening with catered dinner on the bow deck and a ghost storyteller on the upper deck. See you next year!
-Thomas S., Flemington, NJ
Sunset colors on the River. Photo credit: Sean Keeton
Relaxing while enjoying the beauty of the River. Photo credit: Sean Keeton
Click here to download our Private Events flyer.